Scorpion problem? Here's how to get rid of scorpions naturally.
A sight of a scorpion in the yard could be disconcerting to any homeowner. They are interesting creatures that like to hide in the nooks and crannies of your property. That means, if you see one or two in and around your home then there are certainly more around. As scary as they may seem, scorpions don’t want to be a threat to you or your pets. The old adage remains… They are more scared of you than you are of them. Regardless, this article will share knowledge about these creatures and how to get rid of scorpions naturally once and for all.
What this article will not do, is point you to pest control measures using toxic chemicals as a repellant. Every year homeowners turn to companies that not only use solutions that are harmful but are also expensive! We will, however, share ways to get rid of scorpions using eco-friendly pest control and DIY methods. Here at TEOS, we passionately believe that you can effectively remove scorpions by altering the yard without hurting the environment.
To effectively stop an animal from trespassing on your property, it’s important to know its characteristics. This is true for getting rid of coyotes, rats, flying insects, and every other “pest” you can encounter.
The #1 Solution to Get Rid of Scorpions Naturally | Outside TEOS
We know that both time and money are valuable to you. Therefore, while we are going to map out a list of DIY ways on how to get rid of scorpions, let’s talk about the most effective way… Outside TEOS.
Outside TEOS is an eco-friendly pest control spray that goes beyond being just another over the counter product. It is a complete solution that serves as a scorpion repellent as well as great uses for deterring so many other unwanted animals from intruding inside and outside of your home.
Our formula is completely safe for all forms of life and does the job at getting rid of scorpions, other arachnids, insects, mammals, reptiles and more.
Don’t pay hundreds or thousands of dollars when Outside TEOS and support from our team can solve the problem. Watch the video to learn more.
More About Scorpions
Scorpions are eight-legged predatory arachnids of the order Scorpiones. They have a long, segmented body and two large pincers known as chelae on their front legs. They also possess a venomous stinger on their tail which they use to catch prey and protect themselves from predators. Scorpions can be found in a variety of habitats, from deserts to forests, but they are most abundant in tropical and subtropical regions.
Scorpions have many unique adaptations that allow them to survive in harsh environments. For example, they can use their hard exoskeleton to protect themselves from predators and the sun’s rays.
Their physical characteristics make them somewhat intimidation and the risk of a bite to you, your child, and your pet is enough to want to get rid of scorpions.
DIY Natural Scorpion Repellant Tips
One of the best ways to get rid of scorpions is by changing their habitat. Scorpions are attracted to dark, damp places and will often congregate in these areas if they can find them. To make your home less appealing to scorpions, you should seal off any cracks or holes in the walls and foundation, keep debris away from the house, and replace any damp or moist soil with dry soil. Additionally, you can remove any potential food sources such as insects, rodents, and other arachnids that might attract scorpions.
If you live in an area where scorpions are common, there are a few precautionary measures you can take to repel them from your home or yard.
1. Get rid of their hiding spots – Scorpions like to hide under wood piles, rocks, and other debris in your yard. Ensure that all such areas are kept clear to reduce the risk of scorpions taking refuge in your yard.
2. Make your home unappealing – Scorpions are attracted to light and warmth, so limit outdoor lighting around your house and make sure that any gaps or cracks around windows and doors are sealed off tightly.
3. Use natural repellents – Natural repellents such as citronella, eucalyptus and lavender oils can be used to drive away scorpions. If you have flower beds around your house, consider planting aromatics like rosemary or mint that emit strong smells that keep the pests at bay. As previously mentioned, use Outside TEOS!
4. Regularly clean up – Make sure to regularly clean up your yard and keep it free of debris, garbage, or any other materials that provide a hiding spot for scorpions.
5. Keep pets away – Pets, especially cats and dogs, may attract scorpions to your yard as they provide a food source for them.
By taking the measures mentioned above, you can ensure that your home remains a safe haven free of these pesky creatures. So don’t let scorpions ruin your summer; take some steps to keep them at bay! Non-lethal scorpion repellant strategies allow for you to be worry-free and for them to live as nature intended!